Wednesday, September 13th ( 5:00 P.M. EST )
Wednesday, October 11th ( 5:00 P.M. EST )
Thursday, November 2nd ( 5:00 P.M. EST )
Monday, December 4th ( 5:00 P.M. EST )
All IRB applications and supporting documents must be submitted in hard copy to Townsend 130. If we do not receive the following documents by the stated deadline, your application will NOT be reviewed.
- Signed Paper Copy of the application (PI, CO PI and Faculty Advisor)
- CITI Certificate (PI, CO-PI and Faculty Advisor)
- Consent Form (Logo/ Heading- Review Template)
- Debriefing Form (Logo/Heading- Review Template)
- Site Permission (If Applicable)
Application Forms have been updated for AY17. Applicants are reminded that the current forms must be used.
Application forms submitted by students must be signed by both the student and the faculty advisor. All applicants, co-applicants and faculty advisors must complete mandatory Human Subject Research Training. Click Here for more information. If your training certificate is more than three years old, you must complete the training again.
All applicants must submit all of the following items to Townsend 130 by the deadline date. Incomplete applications will NOT be reviewed.
If applicable, these items must also be submitted with the application for it to be considered complete:
- Assent Form (For participants under 18)
- Signed approval letter (on letterhead) from any institution or facility other than Kean University authorizing researcher to collect data on its grounds. School based research studies should use this TEMPLATE.
- Copies of all survey instruments, including interview questions
- Copies of recruitment letters, emails, flyers or advertisements
Note: Handwritten forms and/or incomplete applications will be returned to the investigator(s) without review.
Kean University Policy on the Use of Human Subjects in Research prohibits the start of any research activity (including canvassing and recruiting of subjects) that has not been reviewed by, and received written approval without provisions from, the IRB.