Thursday, November 3rd
Monday, December 5th
Wednesday, January 11th
All IRB applications and supporting documents must be submitted in hard copy to Townsend 130. Application Forms have been updated for AY17. Applicants are reminded that the current forms must be used.
Application forms submitted by students must be signed by both the student and the faculty advisor.
All applicants and co-applicants must complete mandatory Human Subject Research Training. During AY 2016-17, we will begin the transition from the currently required NIH training to CITI training for IRB applicants. All IRB applicants in AY 2016-17 have the choice of completing either NIH training or CITI training. Click Here for more information.
If your training certificate is more than three years old, you must complete the training again.
All applicants must submit all of the following items to Townsend 130 by the deadline date. Incomplete applications will be returned without review.
- A hard copy of the application signed by the applicant (and the faculty adviser, if applicable)
- NIH Certificate of Tutorial Completion OR CITI Certificate of Completion Training.
- Consent Form
- Debriefing Form
If applicable, these items must also be submitted with the application for it to be considered complete:
- Assent Form (For participants under 18)
- Signed approval letter (on letterhead) from any institution or facility other than Kean University authorizing researcher to collect data on its grounds. School based research studies should use this TEMPLATE.
- Copies of all survey instruments, including interview questions
- Copies of recruitment letters, emails, flyers or advertisements
Note: Handwritten forms and/or incomplete applications will be returned to the investigator(s) without review.
Kean University Policy on the Use of Human Subjects in Research prohibits the start of any research activity (including canvassing and recruiting of subjects) that has not been reviewed by, and received written approval without provisions from, the IRB.